Interlake Women's Resource Centre
Who we are.
IWRC is a grass roots, community-based resource centre that is dedicated to working with women and families. IWRC's office is in Gimli, Manitoba. Counselling and programs are available to all the communities within our catchment area.
Continue to check this website for information on upcoming events and programs.
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
1.0 EFT Women’s/Child/Youth/Counsellor
Provide crisis intervention, education, short and long term counselling support to children/youth and women who are experiencing or have been impacted by family violence through single and/or group counselling, and support programs. The Counsellor will also provide support and will connect parents to appropriate and available resources including educational programming.
Qualifications: Applied Counselling, Social Work Degree (BSW) and/or equivalent education, training and experience is welcomed and will be considered.
Additional qualifications for the position:
· Good understanding of the complex nature of family violence
· Good organizational skills
· Good written/oral communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills and able to work within a multidisciplinary team setting
· Good employment record
· Current and clear: criminal/vulnerable sector record check; child abuse registry check; adult abuse registry check
· Provide own vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR POSITION: January 31, 2020
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the Interlake Women’s Resource Centre,
Box 1991 87-5th Avenue Gimli, Manitoba (204)642-8264 firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.